Massages have many benefits beyond relaxation and tension release. This service puts you into an instant state of relaxation due to the release of serotonin in your brain. A good massage puts you into a state where both your breathing and heart rate slow, lulling you into a deep state of relaxation. This is why you feel your best, mentally and physically, after a great day at the spa or with your favorite masseuse. Keep reading to learn about the benefits of massages, as well as different types of massages we offer at our location!
Some of the benefits of a massage:
- Improved circulation
- Nerve compression release for issues such as sciatica, carpal tunnel, and more
- Better range of motion and flexibility
- More vitality and a boost of energy
- It can help ease anxiety, digestive disorders, some psychological issues, insomnia, hypertension, and more.
- In addition, some medical massages can help heal muscle, ligament, and tendon tears as well as heal scar tissue.
There are a number of different massages you can choose from but some of the common ones that can give the most benefit are:
- Swedish Massage: With a long medium and light pressure strokes this massage will improve the circulation and decreases muscle toxins.
- Deep Massage: This massage will lengthen muscles, provide deep pain relief, and loosen up scar tissue. It focused on relieving discomfort and pain with deep pressure. Generally, this massage is for a specific area instead of the entire body.
- Sports Massage: The type of massage can depend on whether it’s needed before, after the activity, for those who exercise frequently, or for recovery. It will improve endurance, reduce workout recovery time, and promotes flexibility.
Some massages that people might not know about are:
- Lomi Lomi Massage: This promotes harmony and wellness using a deep forearm pressure.
- Bamboo or Warm Stone Massage: Warm stones or warm bamboo are applied to the skin. The heat will soak into the skin relaxing the targeted muscles and increases circulation.
- Aromatherapy Massage: This massage used essential oils to decrease anxiety, boost energy, eases depression, improve circulation and digestion.
European Body Concepts offers many unique massage types and enhancements to give you the best results. Check out all of our massages services here!