Master Your Makeup Routine In 5 Steps
Applying makeup is an easier process than you’d think. Everyone has their own routine, no matter how in depth. The secret to applying makeup is to give yourself an almost natural look, without over applicating. If you’ve never applied makeup before, we’ve broken it down into five simple steps to give you the easiest routine to look your very best.
Step 1: Prep the Skin
- A good skincare routine is the best thing you can do for happy, healthy skin and a flawless application. Before you go to bed, apply an overnight moisturizing mask. The next morning wash your face before using a lightweight moisturizer and a brightening eye cream. They will be the base for your foundation and concealer.
Step 2: Build from the Ground Up
- Your skin type will dictate how your base sets. You might need a full-coverage foundation or something lighter. You might need a sponge versus a brush, or it’s easier to do everything with your fingers. It all comes down to how the foundation warms on your skin and how smoothly it applies.
Step 3: Highlight the Structure
- You are a beautiful person; makeup only enhances that beauty. Work with your natural facial structure for the best look. Contour and apply bronzer to your jawline and around the cheekbones. Be aware of the shade you’re using; don’t make the tone too red or orange. The contour, bronzer, and even your highlighter should be subtle
Step 4: Brighten the Eyes
- Now comes the fun part: eyeshadow! Apply a thin layer of primer to your eyelids. The primer will leave the area slightly tacky, letting the eyeshadow stick smoothly. You can even use your concealer as a primer. Your creativity can run wild with eyeshadow. Build up a neutral for everyday wear or play around with a colorful palette. Finish off this step with some mascara to make your eyes pop.
Step 5: It’s All About The Lips
- Work with the natural shape of your lip to apply a gorgeous shade of lipstick or gloss. At the moment, plumper lips are in style. To get that fuller lip look, simply overdraw your lips with a lip pencil or your lipstick. Be careful not to make them too large. It will look unnatural, throwing off the rest of your gorgeous face.
Anyone can wear makeup, enhancing their natural beauty. Makeup needs to be a fun, creative outlet. Don’t let all of the so-called rules get your down. Create a look you enjoy wearing!
Leave A Comment